Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Re: [pcgen] Item Customizer To Create Staff

 

I don't think the staff customiser is good enough to do this.

You can code it up in lst and set the price yourself

andrew

On 28 October 2015 at 17:57, allen@cohnzone.com [pcgen] <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to use the item customizer to create a staff with the spell heal. It's not coming up with a cost that matches my expectations. I'm trying to figure out if either a) my expectations/understanding of the rules is incorrect, b) I'm using the customizer incorrectly, or c) the customizer is not working correctly.

Heal is an 6th-level spell. Minimum caster level 11. So I think the item creation cost should be

400 * 11 * 6 = 26,400

The price should then be twice that.

But the customizer comes up with a price of 10,560 gp.

Interestingly the customizer asked how many charges to be in the item and offered the option 1-5. Why not up to 10? (And since staves can be recharged, I don't see why the number of charges matters to the price.)

Staves can also be created to use 2 charges per spell and this should reduce the price by half. I didn't see this option.

I was also hoping to find a way to make the base staff out of another material..ironwood or darkwood. I didn't see that option.


Thanks. If others can confirm this is an error, I'll file a JIRA bug report.


Allen




__._,_.___

Posted by: Andrew Wilson <andrew@rivendale.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
PCGen&#39;s Mailing Lists and Links: http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment