Monday, November 30, 2015

Re: [pcgen] PCgen text size on windows 10 Surface Pro 3

 

Hi,

It has been brought to our attention. However, as far as I know, it's an actual Java issue, *(Swing UI to be precise).

I have these two issues:
1) https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26877517/java-swing-on-high-dpi-screen
and
2) https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8029087


1) Requires manually altering the setting, which is not ideal.
2) Requires Java 9.

Which means either way, we need a Java (Code) monkey to resolve the problem.

I can't make any promises on time frame, I'm a newbie when it comes to Java (And our code base is rather large). Our primary focus is finishing up outstanding issue gating the production release of 6.06. Unless James Dempsey things the UI text size is enough of an issue to resolve before 6.06, I rather doubt it will make it in.

You can try using alternative Look and Feel settings - those may or may not resolve the issue. I'm using Nimbus without any problem. We could make a quick and dirty look and feel - High Resolution DPI Screen. (Based on the Nimbus L&F). It will be some time, I have a final to finish by the end of this week, and a school project due in 10 hours.

Cheers,
Andrew


On 11/30/2015 10:18 AM, rio6637@yahoo.com [pcgen] wrote:

My wife just downloaded PCgen for her Surface Pro 3 and the text size is SOOOPER small. The only way to fix it is by changing the resolution, which makes the words super blurry or by using the magnifying glass tool. Is there a way to re-size the text? Could this be made an option in future versions possible for folks who NEED larger text?



I saw some other issues with text sizes but figured I'd make my own post.


Thanks,


Mr. Badger


__._,_.___

Posted by: Andrew <drew0500@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
PCGen&#39;s Mailing Lists and Links: http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment