Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Re: [pcgen] Character operations Manual #starfinder

I few years ago I used PCGen to generate Pathfinder NPCs and monsters for MapTool. There is a MapTool macro set for PCGen that, among other things, has token templates for all the Pathfinder stats. And also has macros to run a game (tracking line of sign and vision if using VBL), etc. And most importantly a macro that allows importing all the stats, HP, vision, abilities, etc into the tokens' templates from a stat block. So I would add the NPC or customized monster in PCGen, export to statblock, and then copy-paste it into the MapTool macro to import a statblock. It works MOST of the time. There used to be (several years ago) a formatting (I loosely say bug) in the statblock export that used a special non-space white space character that would cause MapTool to fail to parse the statblock, but I worked on a fix for that when I started using MapTool. After I helped find and fix that bug I used MapTool with PCGen for several years with only an occasional hiccup. Hopeffully there is a Starfinder macro set for MapTool you can use or maybe you can adapt the Pathfinder macro set.

 

 

 

 

From: main@pcgen.groups.io <main@pcgen.groups.io> On Behalf Of Crogonint
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 04:39
To: Andrew Maitland <drew0500@yahoo.com>; main@pcgen.groups.io
Subject: Re: [pcgen] Character operations Manual #starfinder

 

Er.. mah.. GERD!! That is such good news!! Reading around, I thought the project was dead headed! What can we do to keep the ball rolling? Is there a Patreon or a Kickstarter? Any way to help out with content or graphics design or anything? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see this be able to integrate with MapTool someday, or maybe even Foundry or something. :D

 

I'm figuring out how to use the software the old fashioned way.. by beating my head on it until it makes sense. ;) The part I'm still struggling with is the plethora of templates for the character sheet in the program, and to print (to PDF) and etc. I'm pretty sure that 'Fantasy' means Pathfinder 1st Ed. but... I'd love to help flesh that out, I have no idea where I'd start, though. :) I'm also a phenomenal graphic designer if you'd like some stuff to drop in the GUI to help out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment